We are always accepting applications.
Currently we are looking for RVTs.
Registered Veterinary Technicians must build positive, professional relationships with clients and staff members.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates degree from an accredited RVT program.
- RVT License required.
- Customer Service background desirable but not required.
- Typing skills required.
- Some computer knowledge required; comfortable with Microsoft office, keyboarding, and use of communication tools such as Internet and email.
- Previous veterinary practice experience is desirable but not required.
- Significant experience in a customer service.
- Genuinely enjoys working with animals and is able to deal with them even when they are stressed, ill or in pain.
- Be able to handle all animals humanely, properly and with compassion including those that may be sick, injured or feral.
- Can stay calm and efficient during a medical crisis.
- Is well-spoken and approaches his/her job duties in a mature nature.
- Is experienced in the teamwork approach and works well with all levels of hospital team members.
- Has excellent client communication skills and always treats people and animals with respect.
- Physical Effort: Work requires lifting and carrying animals (will be assisted by other staff members in lifting animals over 35 lbs). Walks or stands for extended periods or time; frequently works in a bent position.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
If you are interested in a position please download the application below and submit it either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the office.
Click here to download a Job Application.